Residents will be aware that we have been keeping people updated with the draft proposals for a school on the old garage site on Eachelhurst Road over recent months. EBN schools have now submitted a planning application (number 2014/08581/PA) to the Council for consideration. We are still concerned about a number of aspects of the plans, so therefore we have launched a petition against this application. This petition is also available online for those who haven’t had a chance to sign it yet. This can be done at the bottom of the page.
We are objecting on the following grounds:-
· Concerns regarding the traffic and parking arrangements, not only on site but in the surrounding roads. Eachelhurst Road is already heavily congested and this will make matters worse,
· Speeding traffic on Eachelhurst Road and concerns over pedestrian safety,
· Out of keeping with a residential area,
· Being a two storey school will overshadow the neighbouring area impacting on the residential amenity of the area,
· Site is too small for the proposed development,
· Concerns about noise on surrounding area
We urge everyone to fill in the petition, who objects to the school planning application, so that we can ensure that Council knows the strength of resident’s views. In addition to that those who wish to write in to object can do so by contacting: by post: Planning and Regeneration, PO Box 28, Birmingham, B1 1TU or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you include the planning application number.